And now we’re putting our money where our fried-chicken-loving mouths are.
247 Fighting Championships officially accepts the Fat Mactory Challenge.
“But Hunter … What is the Fat Mactory Challenge?”
That’s a fantastic question, hypothetical reader.
In short, we all realized we packed on the pounds a little too quickly throughout 2022. On top of that, fighters miss weight for us (and every other promotion on earth), and we’re never thrilled about it.
How can we complain if we’re not putting in any work though? Seems a little unfair, eh?
Now, we’re going for it.
Our next show, Brawl in the Burgh 15, takes place Saturday, Dec. 17, at the Monroeville Convention Center in Monroeville, Pa.
Fighters will weigh in Friday, Dec. 16 –– and we will step on the scale that day, too.
Between today (Monday, Oct. 24) and Friday, Dec. 16, the 247 Fighting Championships crew will be shedding pounds.
It’s probably a good idea to watch the full podcast from that clip as well.
For those interested in the exact details, our crew isn’t going to cruise easily through the Fat Mactory Challenge. We have some legitimate weight cuts ahead.
Here’s the skinny:
- Ryan | Starting Weight: 241.2 | Goal Weight: 205 | 36.2 pounds to lose
- Hunter | Starting Weight: 241.4 | Goal Weight: 205 | 36.4 pounds to lose
- Jim | Starting Weight: 220.0 | Goal Weight: 185 | 35.0 pounds to lose
- Dylan | Starting Weight: 225.8 | Goal Weight: 205 | 20.8 pounds to lose
- DannyPalm | Starting Weight: 198.0 | Goal Weight: 185 | 13 pounds to lose
For some reason, the young bucks took it easy on themselves, while the old guard decided to make things extra challenging.
Now, we have 54 days as of this blog post to get it done.
Will we make weight or will the commissioner call off the bout?
We’re about to find out.